OBR strives to expand the participation of disadvantaged children and families in educational programming that focuses on the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies that will lead to roles as participating, productive, and caring adults. One Bright Ray, Inc., offers a vast array of consulting services to charter and alternative schools, including, on-site consultants, general education, educational administration, induction plans, mentoring, special education, psychiatric, psychological and counseling services, as well as, after school-activities programs.
- One Bright Ray, Incorporated (OBR) offers unique educational services.
- Our services benefit under-privileged and inner city youth in search of a positive school experience. We provide a supportive environment and atmosphere free of negative labels.
- We serve students from divergent backgrounds, including, having been truant, dropped-out, repeatedly failed, or expelled from the traditional public schools, as well as, those seeking an alternative to the large comprehensive secondary schools.
- We believe that attention to the whole student requires a small intimate setting. Programs offered at OBR challenge each student to explore their future personal and academic potential amongst the challenges of an evolving democracy and a changing world. In the words of Epictetus, “Only the educated are free.”
- We hold students’ desire’s paramount while challenging employees to be creative and nurturing. We value personal responsibility. We believe that trusting, caring and mutually respectful relationships must exist between adults and young people. We affirm that a safe environment, free from violence, abuse and intimidation is possible within the framework of adult leadership.
- We are dedicated to providing quality education while offering unique services that cater to the special needs of at-risk students.
- We are a family comprised of multiple ethnicities, nationalities, and religions. Esteem brotherhood and cooperation as essential core values.
- One Bright Ray does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, handicap, ethnic or national origin, but rather seeks to empower diverse young people through productive and rewarding educational programs.